I am going to be honest with you guys. Since I went vegan and even before that I struggled to make my own very fluffy muffins. The kind that you would get in your local coffee shop. And I tried so so many times. Everytime they were either too dry or just plain boring. So I kept baking and kept trying and NOW I have succeeded. I have created the most juicy and fluffy muffins ever. Better than the ones in the shop. And they are are non-vegan and child approved.
I do hate to say that there is sugar in them though which is a fact I really dislike and I might try to improve this recipe to make it refined sugar free but I might mess it up.
So for now I will share this sugary treat with you and hopefully you will like it as much as my colleagues, kids and me.
- Plain flour 250g
- Sugar 150g
- Vegan Margerine or vegan Butter 150g
- Vanilla pod 1
- Binnamon 1/2tsp
- Bread Soda 1tsp
- Vanilla flavoured soya milk or plain if you like 200ml
- Chickpea brine 6 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Frozen or fresh blueberries two handfuls
- Frozen or fresh cranberries two handfuls
- Preheat the over to 175-180degrees, note ovens vary so watch them.
- Line a 6 mould muffin tin for parchment paper or muffin cases.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the chickpea brine, apple cider vinegar and soya milk in a different bowl and let stand for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer unti well combined.
- Dicide the mixtures in two and add the cranberries and blueberries each in a different bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the muffin tins and bake in the over for about 25 minutes or until a wooden stick come out clear.